Sunday, June 22, 2008

Whoa!

I've got to say, I'm shocked and amazed. It rained yesterday all around Spartanburg, but the rain bypassed Barnet Park (except for a few drops). I figured the surrounding showers and chances of rain would have kept people away. I was wrong.

Somewhere between 2500 and 3000 people showed up to watch Evan Almighty. It was incredible. God continues to blow me away with all he is doing on our behalf. Besides a small riot that almost broke out over some gift certificates and the sound going out for about 30 seconds of the movie, it was a great event.

I want to give credit where credit is due. If it weren't for our awesome team and the volunteers that came to help out there is no way that we could have pulled off Movies in the Park. Honestly, I believe this is one of the reasons that God is blessing us. Big, enormous, gigantic kudos to our AWESOME launch team. I love you guys. Your hard work and go-the-extra-mile attitude is incredible.

Here's a crazy idea for someone out there... I think it's pretty big to get 3000 people to come out to see a movie and would love for MIP to get more press. Somebody needs to contact the TV studios and let them know that MIP is worth their time (they could have gotten video of an "almost" riot). The paper needs to report of this event. Like I said, it's just an idea, but if you wanted to run with it....

Next MIP: July 19 - Shrek the Third. You can click onto Frankie and Melanie's blogs to see a couple of pictures.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dream BIG, Jonathan! God has an awesome plan in store for your lives in Spartanburg. Frankie and I are blessed to be part of something that cannot be explained in any other way except as a God-thing! Thanks for hearing God and doing what He said!

And please don't ever do that riot thing again! I was scared for my life! Thanks to the guy who stood in front of me for not letting the crowd run me over!