Monday, July 16, 2007

Friends

Your friends will determine the direction and quality of your life.

When I was working with teenagers I taught this often. I have seen so many people screw up the direction of their life because of who they decided to hang out with.

Scripture teaches this in Proverbs 13:20 - He who walks with the wise grows wise, but the companion of fools suffers harm.

So this begs the question: Who are your friends? What is the direction of their life? Do you like where their life is headed? If not, then you need to change friends because you will end up where they are going.

Now people argue against this all the time. They say things like, I'm strong enough to not go where they're taking me... or They would never influence me. Can I be honest with you? Those are just lies you're telling yourself. If you don't believe me, just keep doing life with the people you're doing life with and come talk with me in five years.

So, where are your friends taking you? Surround yourselves with wise friends. Protect yourself from harm.

No comments: