Monday, July 09, 2007

Birthdays

No, this is not a shameless promotion of my 33rd birthday (which is today). But, if you didn't know, today is my birthday. 33 years ago today I was born in Weisbaden, Germany. Donations and gifts can be sent to the following address... just kidding.

The first thing my boys did when they got up was bring me my presents (a pair of Crocs and a Clemson flag to hang outside the house... cool gifts!). I had to open them before breakfast. The miracle is that they kept silent about my presents. That's a first. Matthew still thinks I need to be having a "Pirate Party."

Really, my 33rd birthday is the small news around here. One of my room-mates from college, John Gallman, got engaged over the weekend. I'm happy for the guy. I'm worried for the girl!

Back to the birthday... whenever I have a birthday I reflect on this question: I wonder what this year will hold? Year 32 was the toughest year of my short life. I'm curious to see what's going to happen, what God is going to do, how I'm going to grow and change during year 33. It was a big year in Jesus' life.

Now I can't wait for some of Liz's amazing carrot cake tonight!

No comments: