Monday, January 15, 2007

Sunday night reflections

I have to say this...I love it when new people come. We had two new guests come to check us out last night. I love it even more when we have people come back. Having returners is a very good thing. Everyone who came for the first time last week came back this week. Very, very cool. I've got to give God the credit.

I honestly think they came back for Levi. He was passed around like a cold last night. We'll use whatever means possible to get people to come back. :)

Here's an interesting observation...the people we've been attracting lately seem to be radiating out from Crossroads Coffee. Crossroads is a local, college student owned and run coffee shop. They provide our coffee and now it looks like we're connecting with a group of people that work or patron the place. What's God up to? I don't know, but it is interesting.

Another observation... most of our new people are single or newly-married. We're not really connecting with families yet. I'm not complaining, just making an observation. I passionately want us to connect with families (partly because I have one), but I am so thankful to be connecting with a group that is normally ignored by churches.

Like I said last night, I feel like I'm in way over my head. I am way out of my league in this whole church planting thing. I need God to show up and help me and use me and speak to me and work through me more than I ever have before. I know that sounds cheesy and spiritual, but I feel like a middle schooler being asked to be the lead architect for the new Freedom Tower in NYC. I would appreciate your prayers.

1 comment:

William Bryant said...

jonathan, it looks like you have the punctuation of blogging down pretty good. remember to use links in your blogs somewhere that link back to your main blog address, or even better the point's website, that will get Google's bots crawling the links back to the website more because there's more links.