Thursday, November 03, 2011

Teachers... Thank You!

Today was "eat with your kid day" at Nathan's school. Let me tell you, lunch with a table full of fifth graders is always an adventure. I tried to get Nathan to let me wear my Halloween costume, but he resisted that idea.

Liz and I tried to make it special by bringing Nathan Sonic. I splurged and got him a grown-up Bacon Double Cheeseburger. He ate so much he almost vomited. Good times.

But while visiting his school I was reminded of how thankful I am for the teachers and coaches that invest in my kids. Can you imagine having a class full of fifth graders every day for 180 days a year that you are responsible for? Teachers are special. (Political rant: We need to pay teachers way more than we do. It's not an option. Figure it out and do it.)

So for teachers who've had or have an Everette boy, Thank You!

No comments: