Monday, November 28, 2011

Say Thank You

I don't know what it is that has me thinking about this lately (maybe I'm subconsciously looking for it), but I see a serious lack of gratitude in our culture. And that scares me. A lack of gratitude is dangerous. Here's why saying thank you is so important:
  • Being grateful breaks the sense of entitlement that we're prone to have as Americans.
  • Being grateful keeps jealousy and envy from gaining a foothold in our lives.
  • Being grateful is actually God's will for your life. Read 1 Thess. 5:18.
I know we just celebrated Thanksgiving, but gratitude should be more than a once a year thing. It should be a regular part of our life. We should say Thank You often. We should write thank you notes, and texts and emails.

Who can you say thank you to this week?

No comments: