Thursday, September 15, 2011

Dug Down Deep - a review

I know that the first thing that comes to mind when you hear the words Theology and Doctine is boring.

That shouldn't be the case. Ever. And that is what I absolutely loved about Joshua Harris' book Dug Down Deep.

Theology is the study of God. Doctrine is what we believe. What we believe about God matters. I think it matters more than ever before in the history of the church. Theology matters. Right doctrine matters.

The reason it matters isn't so that we can know all the right things. It matters because what we believe about God will determine how we act. If we have wrong beliefs then we'll have wrong behaviors. They go hand in hand.

Dug Down Deep is a very readable systematic theology. I needed to read this book. I have 98 hours of post-graduate theological education and I needed to read this book. I think you need to read it as well.

As a pastor I'm always looking for resources to suggest that would be educational, helpful and readable. This book fits those requirements. This is a book that I want everyone at Hub City Church to read. In fact, I think you should click this link and order it today.

No comments: