Tuesday, September 13, 2011

The Church

It's probably because Hub City turns three years old this Sunday, but I've been thinking about God's church. And then I read this quote today:
Through a weak and insignificant people, God displayed his power to the nations. Joshua Harris
I. Love. That.

That is may heart's cry for Hub City. I passionately want God to display his power to the nations through us, a weak and insignificant people.

We have the incredible privilege of representing God to the world. We, the Church, are what God has chosen to show the world who He is and what He is like.

John Stott says, If the church is central to God's purpose, as seen in both history and the gospel, it must surely also be central to our lives. How can we take lightly what God takes so seriously? How dare we push to the circumference what God has placed at the centre?

That's why I'm passionate about Hub City. That's why I'm excited that our weak and insignificant church is turning three. That's why I believe we haven't even scratched the surface of our potential as the body of Christ.

No comments: