Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Partial to the Bible

I've talked to a number of folks lately about different books and curriculum that they are using for small groups at their churches. There are some great books and curriculum out there.

But I'm not a fan of using books or curriculum in a small group. I actually think that those things may just hinder our spiritual growth at times, especially in a small group.

There's so much I could say about this. The Word of God is living and active. The Bible is the primary means used by God to speak to his people. Why do we substitute something for the Bible. I know those books have great content. I've read many of them. But something supernatural takes place when we study the Bible. The Holy Spirit shows up and teaches us. God speaks to each person where they are.

That's why I'm partial to the Bible. I think small groups should study the Bible. BTW: That's why we do "storying" in our Hub Groups. We're going to talk about that and much more during our upcoming Sunday morning series called Why? It begins July 17th.

No comments: