Monday, June 20, 2011

How to waste time

I'm convinced more and more that we're wasting our lives away. I'm just as guilty of wasting time as anyone else. I have to guard against it. I have to discipline myself to make the most of my time.

Take an inventory. How much time do you spend on meaningless activities (Facebook, video games, TV, playing with your smart phone, etc.)? I dare you to add it up.

It's depressing isn't it?

How much more meaningful and effective could our lives be for God if we cut out the waste?

We only got one life to live. We need to make the most of it.

I think the Devil is thrilled with how much time we waste. I think he loves it when we spend countless hours doing meaningless crap.

Put down the smart phone. Turn off the TV. Cut the Facebook leash.

Ephesians 5:15-16 says Be very careful, then, how you live—not as unwise but as wise, making the most of every opportunity.

1 comment:

Jaimee said...

Is it sad I was just looking for the "Like" button? Hmmm...