Tuesday, May 04, 2010

Radical


This is probably a book that you shouldn't read. It will mess up your life. It will force you to evaluate your priorities. It will bring you face to face with some aspects of following Jesus that you'd probably rather not acknowledge.

That being said, this is a must read book. I don't know about you, but I am so often frustrated with the Church in America. At the same time, I realize that I'm just as much a part of the problem as anyone else. I don't like that. I don't want to be like that. I want to live a radical life that makes much of God and makes a difference in the world.

That is what this book is about. It's about making much of God by making a difference in the world. But that doesn't just happen. It means living radically. It means living in a way that you've probably never thought about living before.

There's more I'd like to say about this book, but I'm still processing much of it. I'm wrestling with much of what I've read. This may be the most difficult book I've read in a long while. Not that it's difficult to read, but that it's convicting. So instead of me telling you what's in the book I want to suggest that you get a copy and read it. After you read it leave me a message because I have a question to ask you (but I can't ask it until after you read the book).

I'm thinking of personally purchasing copies for everyone at Hub City Church. If you want to get a copy you can pick one up here.

This book was provided courtesy of Water Brook Multnomah and Random House Publishing.

No comments: