Monday, January 26, 2009

Thoughts on yesterday

Yesterday was a really cool day for Hub City. We had one of our largest crowds ever. We had a bunch of new folks. We had a new couple in my Hub Group (which was fantastic... and Allen did a phenom job telling the story). It was fun having a full drum set (Jacob was rockin'). I got to play the wii with my boys. It was a good day, but at the same time, I left our gathering yesterday with a bit of an unsettled feeling.

I hate it when I get that "feeling" that something's not right, but I don't know what it is and I can't figure out what it is... you know what I'm talking about? Well, I took Henry for a walk yesterday afternoon and it hit me. It's nothing big, but I think it'll be pretty profound for our Gatherings. What I'm I talking about? I can't tell you, but this Sunday we'll test it out. Let me know if you notice a difference.

I've got to say. I really love being a part of Hub City. I love out team. I love my Hub group. I love what God's doing in people's lives. I love making disciples who make disciples. I love helping people hear from God and do what he says. I love creating a church that 20 and 30 somethings want to be a part of.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

---"I hate it when I get that "feeling" that something's not right, but I don't know what it is and I can't figure out what it is... you know what I'm talking about? Well, I took Henry for a walk yesterday afternoon and it hit me. It's nothing big, but I think it'll be pretty profound for our Gatherings. What I'm I talking about? I can't tell you, but this Sunday we'll test it out."

Ok... That's just rude... Is this how you "help" to develop patience in people?

Jonathan Everette said...

I like to leave you hangin'! :)

Anonymous said...

I wasn't in the service, but I listened to the sermon online (it was really good btw... sensitively presented)... Was the difference that you gave some instruction on how to respond?.. some contemplation time? or was there something else in the service?

Just curious

Jonathan Everette said...

We switched up the order of stuff. I felt like we were jumping from really funny videos to serious time of communion. It was like riding one of those mechanical bulls. So what we did was move communion to the end and incorporate a time of response that included communion, singing, prayer and whatever needed to be done so that people could respond to the service.

The funny stuff is great. It helps break the ice, build bridges and loosen people up. So we want to start with that and then move from there towards the sermon were people can hear from God then to a response where people can do what he says.

It's about flow and we seemed to flow better yesterday.