Friday, December 11, 2015

Excuses

Some of you know that Levi played football for the first time this past Fall. He was QB for his team and he loved it. Rarely a day goes by without Levi asking me to throw the ball with him. 

He's come up with his own practice plan. Right now he's working on receiving.

Like most third graders, Levi drops a good number of passes. And like most people, he always has a good excuse for dropping the pass: "Dad, you threw it behind me... It was too high... I can't run that fast...." 

I have two mantras that I repeat whenever he throws an excuse my way: "No excuses", and "If you touch it you can catch it."

When we're practicing catching a football the most important thing is to catch the football (If you touch it you can catch it). Don't make excuses for not doing what's most important.

All of us are good at making excuses for not doing what's most important. And all of us need to stop.

Do the most important things, and don't make excuses why you can't.

What are the most important things? For me they are my relationship with God, my family, exercise, my mental health, and pastoring Hub City... in that order.

You need to figure out what's most important to you, and then do that, no excuses!

No comments: