Thursday, February 19, 2015

Ripe

One thing that amazes me about reading the Bible is that God is always pointing out new things to me, things I've read a hundred times, but never noticed.

That happened today.

In John 4:35 Jesus says this:
You know the saying, ‘Four months between planting and harvest.’ But I say, wake up and look around. The fields are already ripe for harvest.

In Luke 10:2 Jesus says something similar:
The harvest is great, but the workers are few. So pray to the Lord who is in charge of the harvest; ask him to send more workers into his fields.

The phrases ripe for harvest and the harvest is great jumped out at me.

Jesus is talking about evangelism, and specifically, the harvest refers to people who are moving from death to life by putting their faith in Jesus.

Jesus says that the fields are ripe and the harvest is great.

That means there are people all around us who are ripe--ready--to put their faith in Jesus. 

I don't know about you, but I'd really love to not only see, but be a part of a great harvest. Let's be on the lookout for those who are ripe.

Eternity is at stake. What they were created for is at stake. 

The fields are already ripe for harvest.


No comments: