Tuesday, May 20, 2014

How we are buying a camper

On and off for the past few months Liz and I have been looking to purchase a camper. We can't get one of those fancy-smancy types with all the bells and whistles, because our minivan has a limited towing capacity and because they are so darn expensive, so we've been looking for a reasonably (cheap) priced small pop-up or hybrid.

Twice we have found a camper that we wanted only to have it sold out under us, but that's beside the point. We'll just keep looking.

Purchasing a camper, just like purchasing anything, requires the ability to make a wise choice. We don't want to make an unwise purchase.

So, to guide our search we use the best question ever. I first heard Andy Stanley teach this years and years ago and I've been teaching it ever since. The best question ever is something you can use for any decision, not just the purchase of a camper.

So what is the best question ever?

What is the wise thing to do?

That's it. But you ask the best question ever on three different levels:

  1. In light of my past experience, what is the wise thing to do?
  2. In light of my current circumstances, what is the wise thing to do?
  3. In light of my future hopes and dreams, what is the wise thing to do?
I hope you add this question to your decision making situations. It really is the best question ever.

Now if I could just find the right camper....

No comments: