Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Distractions

Ever had one of those weeks that's filled with distraction after distraction and interruption after interruption? 

That's how this week has been so far. We've had some car trouble, awards ceremonies, and then I walk into the church office this afternoon and discover it had been broken into. 

I'm grateful that all they took was the TV and nothing had been vandalized. I feel like I'm a part of some CSI episode because as I type this I'm the police are finishing their reports and finger-printing of the scene (which will probably turn up my fingerprints since I helped Josh mount the TV). But really, it's just a big distraction and interruption.

But even before I discovered the break-in, I was wondering why this week has so many distractions and interruptions.

I don't think it's an accident. I could be over-spiritualizing, but I think Satan is behind the distractions because he doesn't want me to talk about what I'm going to talk about on Sunday.

We're talking about what it means to be a church family. Specifically, we're going to talk about what it looks like to be committed to a church family. Acts 2 paints a great picture of what that commitment looks like. You can read ahead for fun.

I'm pretty sure that your week has been as crazy as mine. Don't let that keep you from being at Hub City on Sunday. 

No comments: