Thursday, February 16, 2012

What I learned from the rain

I went prayer walking in the rain this morning. For some reason the rain reminds me of God, his provision, his Spirit and our need. But I had another thought about the rain.

I can't control the weather. I can only respond to whatever mother-nature sends my way.

It's the same way with God. I can't control God. I can only respond to his movement, his Word, his leading.

Unfortunately I think we get that backwards a lot of times. We try to control God and get him to respond to us. That's as stupid as trying to control the weather.

Our job should be to learn how to listen and respond to the God who does whatever he pleases.

For some reason I think we'd all be a lot happier if we lived in the awareness of this truth. I know I am.

No comments: