Monday, February 13, 2012

Seeing Miracles

I've always been a little bit jealous of the people that we read about in the Gospels and in the book of Acts. They had the privilege of seeing some amazing supernatural stuff. We read over and over that they were filled with awe and wonder.

I've been filled with awe and wonder lately.

Over the past couple of weeks I've seen God do some miracles. Now, let me be clear. I don't use that word lightly. I don't think I've ever used that word before now. But I've seen some things that can only be described as miracles over the past two weeks.

It's not that I think God wasn't doing anything miraculous before now. But for me, two things are different. I've been praying for miracles. I've been asking God to move in a way that only he can get credit for. And, I've been looking for miracles. I've been looking for God to move in a supernatural way.

I don't want to miss out on the miracles that God is doing on a daily basis. I don't want you to miss out either.

God still does miracles. May he leave us in awe and wonder as we experience his supernatural activity in our lives.

A resource that has been extremely influential for me has been Mark Batterson's book The Circle Maker. I highly recommend it.

No comments: