Thursday, January 19, 2012

Option 2

There's been a lot on my mind and heart lately. I am burdened by the burdens that I know so many of my friends are carrying. I am overwhelmed by opportunities and possibilities that are way bigger than me or anything I've ever been a part of before. I am broken hearted over friends who are struggling and suffering. I feel a heaviness.

Maybe you feel it too.

We can go one of two ways when we feel like I feel. I can give up. I can quit caring. I can stop trying. I can go backwards to how things were.

Or I can do what Paul admonishes us to do over and over again. I can press on. I can seek God in ways that I've never had to seek him before. I can trust God like he tells me to trust him. I can persevere.

I choose option 2. Even when I can't see the outcome. Even when it's harder than it has ever been. Even when there's so much uncertainty.

I pray you choose option 2 as well.

No comments: