Tuesday, January 03, 2012

The Book That Made Your World - a review

If you know me then you know that one thing I say all the time is that the best habit you could ever develop is the habit of reading the Bible on a daily basis.

There are so many reason why you should develop this habit, but if you're on the fence then you should read The Book That Made Your World. I guarantee it will win you over. It will show you the importance of the Bible even if you don't believe it's true.

This was one of the most fascinating books that I have ever read. It's also one of the longest books I've ever read. :)

In one sentence, this book shows how western civilization, the culture that we live in, has been shaped by the Bible. We would not have the freedoms, rights and prosperity that we have if it weren't for the truths that are in the Bible.

You should read this book because you will learn something. I know I learned a lot. Some of it I need to reread. You should also read it as a warning. It's almost prophetic in showing how things will be if we continue to devalue the Bible in our culture and our lives.

I believe that God's Word is the ultimate authority for life. If you want to see how it's power has shaped and formed our society and world for good then take the time to read this book.

No comments: