Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Why?

So we started a new series this past Sunday called Why? We're talking about why we do some of what we do as a church.

I asked folks to email me their "why" questions and the first question I got was "What's with the logo? Is is a movie real or a cross? Why do you have it?

Well, here's what I love about our logo. It's a bit mysterious. It invites questions. It's not super-religious, even though you could find something religious in it (even though I don't see it).

Our logo is a Hub. It's a Hub with four environments moving out from the center. We want Jesus and our mission to make disciples of Jesus that is at the center of all we do. The four sections could stand for the four environments we do as a church (Worship gathering, Hub Groups, Mission and Personal Spiritual Disciplines) and/or it could stand for the four phases of discipleship (Infant, Child, Young Adult, Parent).

I guess it could be a movie reel, even though I've never thought that was what it was. Others see that all the time because of Movies in the Park and the fact that we meet in a movie theater.

But there you have it, the "why" behind our logo. Any other questions?

1 comment:

Jaimee said...

I thought it was a movie reel!