Friday, July 22, 2011

Video for churchplanters.com

Yesterday I get to shoot a video for churchplanters.com and answer the following questions. Just thought I'd share:

What is your #1 lesson learned since planting a church?

I’ve learned about myself. I’ve learned what I’m good at doing and more importantly what I’m not good at doing. Self-awareness should be very high on a church planter’s to do list.

The #1 mistake you've made since planting the church?

That’s easy. Waiting too long to have the tough conversations, and not being clear enough about the real issue. I’m still not very good at this. I don’t like it, but I’m working to get better.

Why have you sought out a coaching network at this juncture in your church plant?

I know that for Hub City Church to move to the next level that I need to grow. I’m the lid. I also know that I need support, encouragement and help from others who are doing what I’m doing.

What's the #1 piece of advice you would give someone who's thinking about planting a church?

Make sure that this is what you are called to do and that your calling has been confirmed by others.

No comments: