Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Hearing God's voice

Anyone who knows me at all knows that one of my greatest passions and desires is that you hear from God and do what he says. But hearing from God is one of those really tricky, kind-of mystical things that we sometimes can't quite figure out. I mean, how do we really hear from God? Do we get real quiet? Do we listen to more preachers? Do we read our Bible more? How do we really hear God's voice.

Well, Rick Warren has a series of posts this week that have to do with hearing God's voice. They are so, so good. You need to read them and save them. You can read the first two here and here. I'll post the other ones this week.

God is speaking. He wants to speak to you. I'm praying he speaks to you this week and that you'll do what he says.

1 comment:

Jaimee Holmes said...

Those are really good. I like reading his stuff. I have a third test that's been pretty right on for me. It's "Does this make me feel good, happy and popular?" lol. Maybe it's just me, but I don't usually come up with stuff of my own volition that goes against those points. Lucky for me, God doesn't seem to have those hangups! : )