Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Act first. Feel later.

As you are undoubtedly aware, yesterday was Valentines Day. Now, you either hate the day or love the day. Me, it's a fun time to celebrate the love I have for Liz.

And yesterday I did good. Personally, I think I did real good. I got Liz 2 dozen roses (thanks to Whole Food's super great special) and cooked a nice supper for her and the kids (a new shrimp creole recipe that we will definitely make again... also thanks to Whole Foods for having their jumbo shrimp on special). After both of those things I felt so in love with Liz.

It's not that I wasn't in love with her before. There's just something about doing loving things that leads to loving feelings.

This reminded me of something that fits right along with this Relationships 101 series that we're doing at Hub City. Most of the time we act loving only when we feel loving. But that's the wrong order. Feelings come and go. They can't be trusted. But something happens emotionally when we do something loving for our spouse. Loving feelings come.

So here's my challenge. Do something loving for your spouse whether you feel like it or not. It will improve your relationship.

No comments: