Thursday, January 06, 2011

Unconditional Love

Another book I'm reading right now is Decision Points by George W. Bush. I started it this AM at the gym. So far it's a captivating book. I wanted to continue my time on the Elliptical machine so I could read more. On page 8 Bush makes an incredible statement:
When you know you have unconditional love, there is no point in rebellion and no need to fear failure.
That's powerful. There is enormous power in unconditional love. I want my kids to know that they are loved unconditionally. I want our community and world to know that they are loved unconditionally.

It reminds me of one of my life's guiding principles: People don't choose their friends, they gravitate towards acceptance, therefore I want to be the most accepting person alive.

No comments: