Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Missionaries to the city

A guy came up to me this morning at the gym to introduce himself. I had on my trusty Hub City Church t-shirt, which he recognized. He's a minister at a local church and wanted to meet me because he had heard about our church. That always scares me.

Well, come to find out, what he had heard about Hub City is that we are a church that's a missionary to our city. I thought that was really cool. We have a reputation, at least in this guy's eyes, of being missionaries to our city.

That is a passion of mine. I want us to be a church that's known for being for Spartanburg, that's making Spartanburg a better place to live, work and play.

We've got some things on the calendar already:
  • Garage Unsale in April
  • Movies in the Park in May, June, July and August
  • Guerrilla Lovers Projects throughout the year
  • ______________________ (Our best projects haven't even been thought of yet. Share your ideas and let's go!)
Stay tuned for more info on each of these projects and how you can be a part. We are missionaries together reaching Spartanburg and the world one person at a time for the glory of the one who put skin on and moved into our neighborhood.

1 comment:

Jaimee said...

It's my dream to do something like this for Spartanburg: http://www.bridgetownministries.com/