Tuesday, June 08, 2010

Immersion

I had the honor the past two days of being a co-facilitator for Immersion. In case you don't know, Immersion is a two-day training in relational disciple-making. We (Hub City) will be doing our own Immersion in July.

But I'm so glad I was able to participate. I was reminded of some stuff that I've forgotten. I was exposed to some stuff that I needed to hear. And God gave me the opportunity to speak into some people's lives.

One thing that really stuck out to me is something that I often forget and that you need to know. In order to have a healthy Hub Group, three things need to be present.
  1. An Intentional Leader (Leadership is key)
  2. God's Word (the Bible is essential)
  3. A relational environment (Relationships are the vehicle)
I'm pretty good at two out of the three. I need to work on one. How about you (even if you're not a leader, you may be one day)?

2 comments:

Jaimee said...

This is a great post. We also have 2/3 qualities (a different 2/3 than your group) and the lack of that third one is probably where 95% of any issues that come up originate from. I am going to pay so much attention this year during Immersion. I am so glad you do the classes every year. It's easy in the chaos people/life/activity to forget what is essential. We need to be reminded.

Jonathan Everette said...

I am so glad y'all are so hungry. You are doing a GREAT job. I think we all need to be reminded. Here's a really, really cool thing: I think that two other churches are going to participate in our Immersion, so that they can learn the process! I'm super excited.