Tuesday, November 10, 2009

We have a dream...

At our weekly, Mickey D's staff meeting I asked Josh and Frankie to dream a little... not day dream... but dream-dream. Here's what I asked:

What would you like to see Hub City look like in 6 months? In one year?

Nothing was off limits. Dreams should be big. They should be audacious. They should be God sized.

We shared some pretty big dreams... things that will only happen if God shows up.

Now we're thinking through some plans to partner with God to turn the dreams into reality. But it's going to take some serious divine intervention. And we want to make sure that it's God's will that's done and not ours. Hub City is His church.

Let me ask you, how would you answer that question? I'd love to hear your dreams for Hub City. I'll share some of our dreams over the next few weeks, and I may include some of yours, so comment away. We want to hear from you!

2 comments:

Jaimee Holmes said...

I would love it if we had like 10-15 different hub groups... Which kinda freaks me out, because I don't have any dreams at all about the Sunday gathering--- and that many people in one place---well let's just say God would have to be in charge of something that big. And I think I would love to see each hub group taking on projects. And more than anything else I could dream up, I think it would be so exciting if every time there was a need in the community, people thought to call us up, because they know that we care and can get the job done because of God's hand on us. And don't tell anybody, but I would love to help out with that! : )

Jonathan Everette said...

That's a great dream. Thanks for sharing it. Some things you mentioned were a part of our dreaming as well. I especially love the part about people calling us when there's a need because God's hand is on us. that's good!