Tuesday, September 15, 2009

It's never been done before

I was listening to a leadership podcast today with Andy Stanley that revolved around this quote: In order to reach people who have never been reached we need to do things that have never been done.

That's a great quote. It's the complete opposite of the definition of insanity: Insanity is doing the same things over and over but expecting different results.

I want us to reach those people who have never been reached. I don't just want them to become converts who sit on their butts for an hour on Sunday and say they are a part of Hub City Church. I want to reach those who've never been reached so that we can make them into disciples of Jesus who go out and make disciples of Jesus.

This has been something that's been on my mind a lot lately. I want Hub City Church to be known for reaching people who nobody else is reaching. But in order to do that we're going to have to do what nobody else is doing. We're already doing some of that, but I believe there's more. I'm thinking through what that might be. It would be good for you to think through it too.

What if you are the key, the catalyst, the spark that God wants to use to do what's never been done so that we can reach those who've never been reached?

1 comment:

Jaimee Holmes said...

I guess if I am the spark... then I need to stay close to God's heart, in His Word... so that my words will be His Words and my actions, His actions. If that is the case, I think I can reach anybody. I'm not sure why, but that almost sounds conceited... and I am not as confident as what I just said... But I want to have faith that simple and that great! I can only imagine what a large group of people in one city could do if we all pledged to stay close to God in that way... I think that is the key.