Monday, March 09, 2009

We're all lost

Our Hub Group discussed Luke 15 last night. I love our Hub Group by the way. We had some great discussion. I’m really enjoying people opening up. But an observation by Allen gave me a completely different perspective on the three stories from Luke 15.


If you’re not familiar with the stories in Luke 15 go read the chapter now. Jesus is hanging out with this crowd of sinners and tax collectors. And this fact really ticks the religious leaders off. “Why is Jesus spending time with them and not us? (Unfortunately, there’s always been an “us vs. them” mentality… but that’s for another post). In response, Jesus launches into three stories: There’s the story of a lost sheep, a story about a lost coin and a story about a lost son.


So what new perspective do I have on these stories? Check back tomorrow and we’ll look at the story of the Lost Sheep.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My smart husband... *sigh*
We had a great discussion about the passage afterward. I love the insight that comes from everyone at hub group!