Thursday, March 12, 2009

We're all lost part 6

I’ve titled this series “we’re all lost.” I’m still thinking through this, but the reason I’ve titled it this way is because we’re all lost, or we were all once lost, or we could wander off and get lost. I mean, even if you’ve been following Jesus for 30 years, aren’t there times when you feel a bit disconnected, or away-from your Heavenly Father?

In light of what we’ve shared the past week, how are you lost? You’ve got a God who is searching desperately for you, who is coming after you or who is waiting patiently for you.

Or are you lost in your smugness? That’s the scariest place of all.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I often wonder if there will ever be a time when I am not lost... at least for longer than 5 minutes or so...

I am curious... Do you think the woman may represent the church? Just a thought.

Jonathan Everette said...

I think the woman could represent the church, but I think that normally in parables, and especially in the context of these three stories, that the woman represents God, but as I say that I see our responsibility as the church to seek and save the lost, or to be partners with God in seeking and saving the lost. Does that make sense?

Anonymous said...

Yep.