Wednesday, March 11, 2009

We're all lost part 3

Continuing on with my new perspective on Luke 15, after the story of the lost sheep Jesus tells the story about a woman who has ten coins and she loses one. You can read it here. After she discovers that a coin is missing she does whatever it takes to find that lost coin.

Have you ever thought about that coin? It’s not like it intentionally rolled away. It didn’t get distracted by that crack in between the cushions on the couch. Actually, in all probability, it just fell off and got lost.

This makes me think about people who are born into regions of the world or families where there’s no influence of the Gospel. They didn’t choose to be born Muslim or Hindu or Agnostic or disinterested. They are just lost.

But notice that God, who’s compared to a woman, moves heaven and earth to find the person, who is compared to a coin. And when the lost is found he has another party!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I really like that. I think as Americans we tend to think its all about us... and even to look down on those nations that have not been shown Jesus.

I was also blown away by the realization that the woman is God. I would not have noticed that. That is so beautiful.

God's intentionality never ceases to amaze me.