Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Clutter-Free Christianity


I was really excited to read Clutter-Free Christianity. For one, I love simplicity and we've made Christianity something that's way more complicated than Jesus intended.

Mainly it's a book about our hearts and our responsibility in the whole "heart-transformation process." While some of the book was just a rehashing of things I already know, the chapters on being content and prayer are worth the price of the book.

The best part of the book is the ending. The last chapter includes some practical questions that will guide you through the heart-changing disciplines that are discussed in the book. I'm all about doing something with what you know and the last section helps in taking the knowledge that you've gained in the book and putting it into practice.

The only negative about the book is that there are times when I can tell I'm reading a book by a Southern Baptist pastor. Not that that's a bad thing, but for some reason (my dysfunction) it makes me cringe. I think the guys a better writer than that (or he needs a better editor).

No comments: