Friday, August 08, 2008

Phenomenal

I have to say that my and Frankie's time at Real Life ministries has been phenomenal. I've always had a frustration with church that only recently have I been able to put to words. That frustration was and is that churches don't do the number one thing that they are commanded to do: Make Disciples. I'm not saying that to make anyone mad, but to just state a fact. We haven't been doing that good of a job making disciples. We make converts, but not disciples. We can't even come up with a common definition for a disciple. And then, how can you make something that you can't define.

Our time here in northern Idaho has been more than eye opening because Real Life is a church that is actually making disciples. They not only have a process, but they have an assessment and plan to figure out where people are and then turn them into disciples who make disciples.

I'd love to share more, but I'm sworn to secrecy... just kidding. Seriously, I'm so tired I'm having trouble typing. I can't wait to share this with our launch team. Now it's off to bed. It's almost 1 AM my time and we have to get up early to fly back home. I can't wait. I miss my family.

No comments: