Monday, August 18, 2008

Great quote


So I'm almost done with Mark Batterson's new book, Wild Goose Chase. I highly recommend it. It's easy to read and will challenge you to step out of your cage... but more on that tomorrow. I read this on pages 86-87 and thought it worth passing on:
When I fail to give, the best I can do is the best I can do. I am keeping God out of the equation of my finances. But when I tithe I am standing on the promises of God. And in my experience, God can do more with 90 percent than I can do with 100 percent. In addition, tithing is not just good stewardship; it turns money management into a financial adventure.
Don't allow financial greed or fear to keep you in the cage. Living generously is way too fun and way too exciting. Too many of us allow a scarcity mentality to keep us in the cage. We assume that the more we give, the less we'll have. That is an unbiblical assumption.
Tithing is trusting. And when you put God first financially, you live with sanctified expectations. You can't wait to see the wild ways in which the Wild Goods is going to provide.

No comments: