Sunday, August 17, 2008

Amazing day

First I'll say something about Last night. We had our last Movies in the Park last night. I honestly didn't think anyone would show up. That was a constant fear throughout all of our movies this summer. Once again my fear proved to be a dumb fear. We had a great crowd. Probably around 2000 people. Movies in the Park has been an enormous success, lots of fun and lots of hard work. I can't wait to do it again next summer. Big thanks to Ryan Bishop for bringing the sound system and for his awesome screen and projector that we used last night.

OK, let me talk about today. We had our second preview today. First good news: We didn't blow power in the theater. Second, we had a bunch of new people. I think our attendance was 67. Most of those were new guests. We had 17 kids (that was really cool). Third, the video that Frankie created was so funny that I cried. I'm going to try and post it next week when he gets back from vacation.

I can't say thank you enough to our awesome team. They worked so hard this weekend and did a great job. I'm so proud of them. Honestly, I don't know why you wouldn't want to be a part of Hub City Church. God is doing some incredible things. I can't wait for our September 21 launch.

No comments: