Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Intense

I've been at Intensive Church Planter Training from yesterday till tomorrow and it is definitely intense. I loved our discussion about the Kingdom yesterday. What an honor that God allows us to partner with him to build his kingdom. I've got some great quotes that I hope to post later, but this is worth sharing: Attractive churches aren't going to be the catalyst for a movement of God in the US, but attractive followers of Jesus will. So I'm asking this question: How can we create/develop attractive Christians? I want to be a part of a movement that changes lives, changes Spartanburg, changes the world.

The coolest part to doing ICPT this time is having our team with us. These amazing people took off time from work to learn and get prepared for planting Hub City Church. Another cool thing is that I met some planters from Canada and we're considering taking a trip to Calgary to help them out. We'll see what comes of that, but a "world" partnership is a mission piece that we need to help Hub City be a globally focused church.

1 comment:

pat gillen said...

DEAD ON. I'm tired of half-committed self-serving Christians who come expecting to be served and leave when they aren't.
Our church has been greatly affected by those 'attractive Christians'.