Friday, December 14, 2007

Yesterday

Yesterday was a big (and busy) day. First it was Nathan's birthday. He turned 7. I can remember scraping over an inch of ice off my car window to drive the 40 minutes to the hospital (the drive actually took 2 hours) on the day he was born. I'm so proud of him. Happy Birthday Nathan. I know it's a day late to post happy birthday, but he's really having 4 days of celebration. It began with dinner at P.F. Changs on Wednesday, then we had the real birthday with family gifts, today we're having 4 other little boys spend the night (pray for us!) and tomorrow we're having an extended family party. Life's tough for a new 7 year old.

The rest of what made yesterday busy was that I was in meetings all day. I am so appreciative of Kermit Morris (don't you just love the name Kermit?) who gave me some great ideas, advice and challenges concerning what we're doing. I was then able to meet with some other church planters who are interested in having a Power Plant team this summer. After that I met with the man, the myth, the legend... Dino Senesi to talk about our new church, what I've learned and get some input.

I really appreciate guys that give me practical advice and honest input about what we're doing. Now I need to get back to working on the stuff that was shared with me yesterday.

Oh, I almost forgot. Nathan had his first basketball practice last night. I love watching kids play. It's going to be a fun season.

No comments: