Monday, December 03, 2007

First things first

I was reading this passage this morning about Jesus sending out the 72 disciples (yes, these 72 were other followers in addition to his 12, although the 12 could have been a part of this group). Go read it now. Did you read it? Now, what was the first thing Jesus commanded them to do?

Make sure you've read it.

Jesus sends out the 72 and his first command is for them to pray for more workers. It's like Jesus is saying that 72 is not enough. The task is too big. We need more people. Pray for more people.

This is huge for us. Right now we have an awesome team of 7 adults and 6 kids, but the task of creating a church that young adults want to be a part of is so much bigger than the 13 of us. We need more workers. Will you join me in praying for more workers?

I need to brag on those 7 adults. I think they are awesome. Their commitment, creativity and passion to create a church that young adults want to be a part of is such an encouragement to me. I can't wait to see what God is going to do with us.

Now we're praying for more workers to join the awesome ones that are already on the team. This may be you. If so check out our new blog to find out how you can be a part.

2 comments:

pat gillen said...

man, i think that's awesome! I am praying right now for more workers to help you guys out! (I'm attaching it onto my prayer for the same thing!)
Exciting times!

Unknown said...

I will begin praying for you and your core group. Please be in prayer for ours too. Pray that God will send the people he wants us to have.

Chris Reeder
http://LetGodBeGod.com