Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Sweet new blog

Rumor has it that a new church is going to be planted in Spartanburg. It's going to be a church that young adults want to be a part of. Oh wait, that's the church that we're planting! Well, instead of a website we've created a blog to keep you informed and get the word out about what's going on. So, you get to hear it first here: Hub City Underground is now LIVE. Click here to check it out. Pass the link on to everyone you know. Join the revolution.

One more thing real fast... to all of you who said it would be easy for me to set up a facebook account... well, it's not working!!!!!! For some reason it won't register my e-mail, so I've got a e-mail into their tech people. Is God trying to tell me something about facebook, or am I just an idiot who can't figure it out?

5 comments:

pat gillen said...

Do you need me to sign you up? :)

I like the blog. Is spartanburg called 'hub city'? what's that mean?

Jonathan Everette said...

Dude, I was told that my e-mail was disabled. I've been told I had a learning disability, but never that I was disabled. I don't think the facebook folks like me.

Hub City is Spartanburg's nickname. There are a bunch of Hub City things around town, so we want to capitalize on something local and familiar.

Anonymous said...

My wife are starting the process if planting a church to reach young adults, singles, and college age adults. Maybe in the near future, we can plan a trip to visit your guys and pick your brains! :-)

Jonathan Everette said...

Pick away, but I'm not promising much. Seriously, I'd love to meet you and share.

Anonymous said...

If you want to attract young adults, you really need to think about ways to reach out to married couples who don't have kids. That demographic gets totally lost in the church, and there's nowhere for them to really fit in. (As you know, I'm speaking from experience here.) I think that's a part of the reason so many people don't even bother going to church until they have children. And that's a shame b/c they tend to have more time and resources to invest in ministry. I'm not sure if you knew this or not, but 2 years ago Ben and I started a small group for couples w/out kids. It's kind of radical to exclude kids/parents in a church setting, and we had no idea how it would turn out. But we're at the point where we can't fit any more people in our house, and there are new couples waiting to get in. I can't imagine what would happen if our group was actually advertised outside the church. Anyway, I could write a novel on this topic, but I'll refrain. It's just an idea to keep in mind!