Friday, June 22, 2007

Wedding report


We're finally back from our adventure in the northeast and so I've got Internet access and a few minutes to report about my first wedding. I am no longer a virgin wedding officiator. I successfully completed my first wedding. It was a blast and a huge honor to do Stephanie and Chris's wedding. I am so thankful that they asked me to be a part.

People always talk about how beautiful the bride is, but I wish you could have seen my bride. She was gorgeous.


I'll share a funny story... well, it's funny now... during the ceremony I noticed that my wedding band was missing. My first wedding, I'm talking about commitment and doing the exchanging of rings and vows, and MY wedding band is not where it was supposed to be. This really stressed me out and was deeply upsetting. We looked all over the hotel room, had the people where the wedding took place be on the lookout, called the grocery store where I went to by Tylenol for Levi...but alas... no ring. Then Liz is getting earrings out of her small jewelery container and lo and behold, there's my wedding ring. It was a huge relief for me.

After some great fun and great food in Cape May we headed to NYC for 3 days. I wasn't sure what to expect dragging three small boys around the Big Apple, but besides some small complaining they did awesome. NYC is an amazing place. We visited Liz's twin brother, Matt and her sister-in-law, Emily's tiny apartment on the upper east-side. I think God might be calling some of you who read this blog to go plant a church there. They need to have at least one house church per apartment building. If you can do that take off. I'll support you.

I think this every time we head up to New Jersey, but I am so glad Liz has
relatives from that part of the country. It was great seeing everyone and hopefully we see you all sooner rather than later.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Send me your wedding photo!!!!