Friday, June 15, 2007

From Cape May, NJ

I'm sitting out front of my hotel room at The Heritage Motor Inn at the corner of Stockton Pl. and Beach Ave. in Cape May, NJ. Nathan and Matthew are across the street at the beach with their cousin Zack and Aunt Judy, probably freezing to death. I'm babysitting Levi, who is taking a much needed nap, and working on the wedding gig I have for tomorrow. I think it may be all of 62 degrees outside right now. It's supposed to be 91 on Sunday. The pool is about 3 degrees above ice, but it's really beautiful out here.

I don't know how much I'll be posting over the next few days while we're here in NJ and then in NYC. I picked up some wireless from some other hotel nearby.

I would ask that you pray for me as I officiate my first wedding tomorrow. It's going to be a lot of fun. Pray for Chris and Stephanie. It's a big day and a big committment for them.

I have to share some bragging on my boys. I've got great boys, but I wasn't sure how the 8 hour drive to Norfolk or the 5 hour drive from Norfolk to Cape May was going to go. They were awesome. There was no fighting between Nathan and Matthew for the 8 hour trip and only a little bit of squabbling yesterday. They were great. Then Levi, the dude is a trooper. He was great. He's the happiest baby. All this goodness... and without a traveling DVD player!

I'd better get back to the wedding stuff.

1 comment:

Solid1 said...

I was looking to see who was blogging from Cape May. I am new to this web presence stuff but finding your request for prayer something that I can do with confidence and gratitude. I am a Bible College grad, what kind of new church group have you been called to pastor? My name is Jim; is you'd like to email me please do.