Thursday, December 06, 2012

Bold as Love

Once and a while you come across a book that resonates deep within your soul. Bold as Love is one of those books for me.

I've been a fan of Bob Robert's books for a while, but his latest is by far my favorite. The main reason I love it, and you should read it, is that it's focus is on relationships. Specifically he challenges those of us who are Christians to build relationships with Muslims. There is power in relationship. 

Another reason this is a great book to read is that it is so readable. It's not too long. The stories are fantastic. It's one of those books that you'll like to read even if you don't like to read. Actually, I was sad when the book was over. I wanted more. I rarely say that about books.

One final thing made this book worth my time (and hopefully yours when you get it and read it). It wasn't what I was expecting at all. I had no idea which direction he was taking the book. It wasn't the usual Christian content. He challenges Jesus' disciples to do something that is profound, radical and controversial in our current evangelical climate.

I could tell you more, but I would rather you just read the book. You won't regret it.

No comments: