Thursday, April 26, 2012

Missed

I've been wondering lately how often I miss the present because I'm so focused on what's next. I don't know about you, but I have a tendency to live in the future. But when I do that I miss out on the present.


God made me to live in the present. If I'm living in the future then I'll miss what he has for me today.


I guess what got me thinking about this is the death of a friend. I didn't even know he was sick, but I found out via Facebook that he died on Tuesday. 


It got me thinking that I don't want to get to that day and realize I missed all the days leading up to it. I don't want to miss out on my kids, my wife or all that's going on around me. 


In fact, I think if we all started living this way we might actually do a better job of being who God wants us to be right now and doing what it is that he wants us to do. It makes me think of Ephesians 3:10.


Live in today. That's what I'm trying to do, at least until my mind, once again, wanders to the future.



No comments: