Wednesday, December 14, 2011

It's too small a thing

I came across this verse out of Isaiah today.

It is too small a thing for you to be my servant
to restore the tribes of Jacob
and bring back those of Israel I have kept.
I will also make you a light for the Gentiles,
that you may bring my salvation to the ends of the earth.
” - Isaiah 49:6

I LOVE this because this is exactly what God is saying to us at Hub City Church.

We are a little over three years old as a church. God is using us in Spartanburg. He's blessed Movies in the Park and the Garage Unsale. We've seen many lives rescued because of God's grace and mercy.

But if we just stayed where we are then it would be too small a thing. God has more in store for us.

That's why I am so amped about Hub City's first overseas missions partnership. I'll give you all the details next week, but I'll tease it by saying that God is going to use us, Hub City Church, to make a radical difference in one of the most needy places in the world.

I'll talk a bit about it at Sunday's Gathering, but I am so glad that God has called us to more than just Spartanburg. We get to be a light to the nations!

No comments: