Monday, August 29, 2011

Sermon series ideas

I have so many sermon series ideas running through my head. Here are a few ideas:
  • Faith: What it is. What it isn't.
  • Letters to Hub City Church: We would go through the seven letters to the seven churches in Revelation.
  • Parables: Exploring Jesus' parables.
  • Hell: This series is a bit frightening to think about, but ever since reading Francis Chan's book it's been on my mind.
  • Famous stories from the Old Testament: There are so many great stories in the O.T. This would look at a few of those.
I would appreciate you praying for guidance and discernment. I want to teach what God wants me to teach.

I would also love to hear from you. What topics would you like to learn more about? Where are you struggling? Where is someone close to you struggling.

1 comment:

Jaimee said...

Those are really good ideas. I like the "Letters to Hub City Church" one. That's really cool.

I'd like to see something like "As You Go: discipleship in your everyday life..." What discipleship looks like in our homes, in the work place, at school, etc.