Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Radical Together

I don't know if you've read David Platt's book Radical yet, but you should. Radical Together is the follow-up to Radical.

And while Radical is a personal book, Radical Together takes the principles of Radical and talks about them on a corporate, Church, community level.

I believe that Radical Together should be required reading for all church leaders. I have it sitting on my desk because it's one of those books that's going to require a second reading. I'm still thinking about and processing much of what I read. And flipping back through the book I see why I used an entire Highlighter as I read.

It's a short book, but it's not a quick read. There's too much to think about. The subtitle is Unleashing the People of God for the Purpose of God. What Radical Together does is give us a framework for doing what the subtitle says by bringing things back to the basics. I think that is the greatest value of this book. It takes away the fluff (and let's be honest, most American churches have a lot of fluff) and gets back to basic stuff.

No comments: