Friday, April 10, 2009

Experiencing the Spirit


When you think about books on God and Jesus, there are a bunch of titles that come to mind, but to find a book on the Holy Spirit is a bit difficult. Actually, most books on the Holy Spirit are a little far out there for me (which probably says more about me than those books). But, Henry Blackaby's book, Experiencing the Spirit is a must read. I am always challenged by anything Blackaby writes, but reading this book has reshaped the way I pray and given me a new perspective on my part in what God is doing in the world.

What I find so incredible about this book is it’s completely different take on the Holy Spirit and spiritual gifts. At one point in the book Henry Blackaby asks, “So what is my spiritual gift? The Holy Spirit.” I love that.

I wish I had copies of this book to give to everyone I know. Now stop reading this, click the link above, and order this book.

1 comment:

Linda Harris said...

Did you know Blackaby will be in town one morning in early May? Speaking at First North to pastors, etc, as part of the promotion for Anne Lotz Graham's event next year?