Thursday, March 16, 2017

Sabbatical Resources

This past Sunday I shared about Hub City's Sabbatical Summer. I will be taking a sabbatical May 16 - August 19. But this isn't just a sabbatical for me. It's a sabbatical for our church family. I believe God is going to do some great things in and through Hub City this summer.

There have been a number of resources that have been helpful to me in planning for this sabbatical.

Books

Leading on Empty
Replenish
Clergy Renewal
Journeying toward Renewal

Websites

Five Reasons your pastor should take a sabbatical
The Darkside of Sabbaticals
Five reasons a pastor's sabbatical blesses everyone
Five Guidelines 
Focus on the Family Sabbatical guide
Soul Shepherding - A Sabbatical guide for pastors
Why your pastor needs a sabbatical (and follow up blog posts)
Yes, your pastor needs a sabbatical

There are a ton of resources out there. I encourage you to google around and learn something new.

And let me reiterate, if you have questions please ask!

No comments: