Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Why I love Movies in the Park

I love Movies in the Park. I love that Hub City Church can serve Spartanburg with no-strings-attached. I love that so many businesses want to be a part of this event. I love that Coca-Cola of Spartanburg puts this graphic on the back of one of its delivery trucks. I love that we get to do something that the city of Spartanburg wanted to do, but didn't have the money to do. I love it when people clap at the end of the movie. I love giving away popcorn and soda for free. I love giving away gift certificates to local businesses. I love how the church phone rings more the week before Movies in the Park than at any other time during the year. I love that this is such a diverse event. I love getting stopped when out and about and quizzed on when the movie starts and what we'll be showing.

Movies in the Park 2013 begins this Saturday, May 18. We're showing Madagascar 3. It's free. The movie will begin around 8:35. 

No comments: